Shopee Purchase : Received A Stained Item




It is now rainy season, as the weather now becomes a bit colder,  I decided to buy my 1 year old son a long sleeve shirt.  Coincidentally shopee was having their baby fair last July 20,  for baby items, I just need to purchase worth php 99 and i will be entitled for a free shipping voucher worth php 60.  

I found these Carters white long sleeve in Shopee worth php 99 for 2 pcs.  



Shopee Seller 
Shop Name:  Ed.Shop
Ships From:  Brgy 282, San Nicolas Metro Manila

I bought these 2 sets of longsleeves with the total of php 198.   Since i have a lot of Shopee coins from their Cashback promo, i was able to use 50 Shopee coins from this purchase.  I chose J&T express because it's the cheapest,  so I only need to pay php 20 for the shipping fee.   For this purchase I paid a total of php 168.



Today I received my order and I'm quite disappointed because one of the long sleeves that I purchased have a stain on it.  The quality of the cloth is quite good because it's thick and the size fits my son.  For the price i would say that it is quite a steal.  But because of the stain, I feel like i have been cheated because I received an item which is not in good condition.



The seller put on the description that the item is an overrun ( it's not in perfect condition, might have stains, no tags but they claim that it will not affect your wearing.) I am kind of confused on how they describe these words not affect your wearing, because a shirt with stain in front loses it's wearability.  

I know that i could try to request for a refund, but because the seller is not on Shopee mall, so when you request for a refund, the seller should approve it, in case the seller rejected it you can escalate it to shopee.   And the most difficult part is, even if the seller agreed for a refund, the buyer must return the defective item to the seller and the shipping fee will be shouldered by the buyer.  

I really find the return policy of Shopee for the normal sellers is at the disadvantage of the buyers.  I also think that some sellers are taking advantage of this by giving out defective items to their buyers.  

I hope Shopee will create much better return policy for their buyers, like free returns for defective items.  With that, the sellers will be more careful and responsible by checking out the items thoroughly for defects before they send it out to their buyers.








Comments